Saturday, May 31, 2008

Is your website search engine friendly

Here is something which landed in my mail box recently, I love it when people try to help keep me up to date. I can go back and see if my website is search engine friendly.

Why don't you go and see too and let me know - http://www.platypuspark.com.au/

It features on the first page of searches for "accommodation bridport tasmania" Is that what you would search for if you wanted to go for a holiday to a secific place?



Tips on creating a search engine friendly site:
Give visitors the information they’re looking for – provide high quality content especially on the homepage
• Make sure that others link to your site
• Make your site easily accessible – build the site with a logical link structure
• Think about the words users would type to find your pages
• Conduct site housekeeping – broken links
• Work with a webmaster who knows about building search engine friendly sites• Use Google’s free tools and information to improve your site: http://www.google.com/webmasters/



My personal secret business tips:

Think as your customer thinks - yes that's all of them- even the difficult ones.
Give them more useful information than they think they want.
Make it easy for your customer to contact you, give them lots of options.
Always appear friendly and helpful and approachable.

Ok that's enough I'll be back with more next time.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=abd500c5bd79281ddd9d9e35c472bca5