Friday, October 30, 2009

If Only it Were True

Why do people think we are going to fall for their tricks?

This email appeared today from someone I don't even know.

Who would recommend me as a project manager for such a large project?

Whilst I am capable of co ordinating the odd small building project I would think, if someone was going to recommend me for a job they might at least ask if I was interested first or if I had time????

Dear Sir/Madam,

You have been recommended as a reliable foreign investor and project manager. I am therefore seeking your

cooperation in building a Tourist Hotel or Real Estate in your country. I am sorry if this is not completely in line

with your profession. I need an experienced person like you to assist me set up,develop the project and assume

responsibility of ownership as chairman but will be bringing in profit /distribute profit monthly or annually.I shall

give you more information. Please get back to me immediately on my

private email: jamesibori12@aim.com

Best regards, Gov. James Ibori.

NOW where do I start:

1. I wouldn't be the foreign investor if I was doing something in my own country!

2. What skill set does this person assume I have that is going to be useful for this type of project?

3. Dear sir/madam! If I have been recommended for a task wouldn't you think they would know what gender I am?

At best I am putting this one into the potential scam box and deleting it...So don't get caught!


No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=abd500c5bd79281ddd9d9e35c472bca5